Friday, March 3, 2017

Week of March 6th


This is how Bennett and I feel about March and Spring.... This winter was rough and I am looking forward to brighter days (literally and figuratively!).



Monday was "hat day" for Dr. Seuss week....



Wednesday was "animal print" day... I wish I would have gotten in the picture. I wore Easton's favorite outfit -- my peacock pants ;)




We got to attend an AMAZING math/magic show at the Alberta Bair this week. It is my favorite show I have ever gone to in my decade of teaching! 






And our very own Travis was chosen to go on stage. The magician took his watch, made it disappear, and then it appeared in the wand of an audience member. #mindblowing



Ellecia was my seat-partner on the bus - love you, girl!

These two are too cute! And their adorable shirts make them even cuter (if that's even possible!). 

Jackson is the first student in my decade of teaching to ever give me a BUTTON! I love it and have proudly wore it all week! :)

Was loving Dani's cute braid and fuzzy, incredibly soft shirt on Thursday!

It was a sad day when Annika's unicorn feel off ;(


Avery and Mya both got OVER ONE HUNDRED ST Math puzzles this week! Amazing!




While scrolling through Facebook, I saw Tyton's dad on the Billings Clinic site. So cool! 

If you made it this far -- thank you! Lots of pictures this week to get through! 

This week in reading, we will be on Unit 4, Week 4, which will focus on the essential question: How are people able to fly? Doesn't that tie in perfectly to our PLTW flight unit?! Students should have lots of background knowledge and meaningful connections. We will read two expository (non-fiction) texts on flight: "Hot Air Balloons" and "Firsts in Flight!"  We will also read a myth called "Bellerophon and Pegasus." We will work on the skills of rereading, cause and effect, using context clues, and commas in sentences. Our spelling words this week will be homophones, so it may require extra studying, as this always tend to be tricky for some students.

In math, we will continue with Chapter 10. Last week we spent most of the week reviewing simply how to tell time to the nearest minute, as well how to read a clock in different ways. This week we will focus on elapsed time and time intervals. We may even get to measuring to the nearest quarter inch by the end of the week. 

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I am looking forward to the 50's and sunshine!

Code Word = Cheetos  
(inside joke -- ask your child! We truly do have a lot of funny moments in our classroom!)



1 comment:

  1. A new way to create your own polished titanium
    Your home built into titanium road bike a piece of your own. ford titanium ecosport These pieces are crafted titanium hair trimmer in a unique and titanium cost innovative fashion, while titanium rings for men a standard

    ReplyDelete